Integrated Environmental-Economic Project Appraisal in the Water and Sanitation Sector
A three day training for water and sanitation sector specialists with IDB. For more information about CSF's work with IDB, please read our blog post about the training series.
- Key economic concepts
- Ecosystem services and environmental valuation in the water sector
- Case studies of environmental valuation in the water sector: when should values be quantified, which impacts can be measured
- Optional participant project workshop: identifying and measuring values in IDB projects
- Ecosystem services valuation exercise
- Modeling impacts of water and sanitation projects on biodiversity and ecosystem services: models used, identification of scenarios
- Modeling impacts of water and sanitation projects: exercise
- Optional participant project workshop: identifying biological dimensions and alternative scenarios in IDB projects
- Cost benefit analysis: overview and key concepts
- Cost benefit analysis: perspectives, alternatives, financial analysis
- Cost benefit analysis: economic analysis, externalities, case studies
- Optional participant project workshop: incorporating ecosystem services into IDB project appraisal
Inter-American Development Bank, Washington D.C.
- Can you recommend any other programs in environmental economics & policy, and sustainable development?
- How often are training courses offered?
- What does a typical course schedule look like?
- What is included in your two-week Economic Tools course?
- What makes CSF unique?
- Where can I get financial aid?
Custom courses with CSF
Interested in a custom training course for your organization? Contact us and we can discuss location, timing, content, instructors and the cost of implementing a course.